This needs improving

rich12545

Moving land units off transports. I set the transport for the yellow dot. Next turn I try and move infantry or armor onto land. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't. I think it might have to do with what type and how much land is nearby but not sure. Anyway, a turn is wasted and it's frustrating.

I had at first too problems with load/unload of troops. But then when I have understood how this is working I had no problems more. It really is very easy. I often give orders on moving and capture at once several islands and it always work.

I think it is necessary to include in the manual and the tutorial a lesson "How load and unload troops from transport". It will solve many questions.

Moving land units off transports. I set the transport for the yellow dot. Next turn I try and move infantry or armor onto land. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it doesn't. I think it might have to do with what type and how much land is nearby but not sure. Anyway, a turn is wasted and it's frustrating.

If you :

1. Order the transport to sail to the yellow circle

2. Submit orders

3. When the transport reaches the destination you order the units to walk off it

then you do NOT know how to use transports.

Refer to my HOW TO post.

I loaded, unloaded and queued multiple load/unload orders a thousand times by now and NEVER had any trouble with it.

The only thing that can screw it up is when you either change orders of the transport after queuing orders for the units or when you actually forget to order the units off.

I too have had this problem. I now make sure the land units have orders to get off when the transport reaches the yellow dot. :D

I'm trying to replicate this problem, but I'm having trouble. I'm giving my transports orders to the coast, close enough that the yellow dot appears, but as far from the coastline as possible. My transports move to the location over the next turn. Then I give my Ground-Units orders to move off the transport and onto the island, and it always seem to work okay for me. Is there anything special you're doing? Can you send me a saved-game where this problem is happening?

I'm trying to replicate this problem, but I'm having trouble. I'm giving my transports orders to the coast, close enough that the yellow dot appears, but as far from the coastline as possible. My transports move to the location over the next turn. Then I give my Ground-Units orders to move off the transport and onto the island, and it always seem to work okay for me. Is there anything special you're doing? Can you send me a saved-game where this problem is happening?

I will try tonight.:o

Brit, I just installed xp 64 bit and everything from the game is gone. But when I had problems, not very often, it seemed like I put the yellow dot not too far from a city and there were mountains close and the amount of level land was pretty small. Even though the transport stopped at the yellow dot on the previous turn, the infantry would not move on the land. I even tried to set an order to attack the city. The red attack circle on the city wouldn't show. So I think maybe the problem is that more level land is needed for land units to move onto an island. If that's a design decision, that's fine. But if it's a bug, I wanted to report it.

Brit, I just installed xp 64 bit and everything from the game is gone. But when I had problems, not very often, it seemed like I put the yellow dot not too far from a city and there were mountains close and the amount of level land was pretty small. Even though the transport stopped at the yellow dot on the previous turn, the infantry would not move on the land. I even tried to set an order to attack the city. The red attack circle on the city wouldn't show. So I think maybe the problem is that more level land is needed for land units to move onto an island. If that's a design decision, that's fine. But if it's a bug, I wanted to report it.

My only guess at this point is this: there's a small island out in the sea near the transport. When you tell your ground-units to move inland, what happens is that the transport creates a dropoff point on the small island, rather than the larger island. The ground-unit orders don't show-up on the screen because it couldn't actually find a path from the dropoff point to the large island.

Can you confirm that no ground-unit orders actually appear on the map?

I've seen some other cases where players inadvertently dropped-off their ground units on a coastal island rather than the main-island itself.

Yeah, the ground units were still on the transport. Then I'd move the transport around to the other side of the city (where there's more level ground) and move the infantry onto the island with no problem.

Do you remember the name of the city? Since you're using the DemoMap, I'll be able to take a look at the terrain.