40k movie coming our way finally!

Destraex

I notice it's going to be straight-to-DVD. While that doesn't particularly surprise me (if scifi is a niche then Warhammer 40k is a niche within niche), I wonder how ambitious the movie can be on low budget. Also I wonder if this is going to be fully CGI movie (Codex Pictures is an animation house) or if there is going to be live acting between all the combat.

All in all, I can't imagine them doing it worse than Hollywood would have (just think of that Judge Dredd film with Sylvester Stallone...).

Doom was a smash hit, (snip)

That's simply a hilarious statement about a movie with a total domestic gross of $28,212,337. That's roughly 4,400,000 tickets sold, mostly to guys who played Doom.

Doom did almost $15.5 million at the box office in the first weekend, or about half a million less than the first weekend of Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Doom proceeded to lose over 70% of its audience in the first week and rolled over and sank out of sight.

In case you ask, Doom's foreign gross was $27,774,984 for a worldwide box office of $55,987,321. Compare that with the Doom production budget of $60 million. If that makes Doom a smash hit, what does it make Waterworld, one of Hollywood's truly legendary bombs that did a worldwide box office of $264,218,220 on a $175 million production budget? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doom was an woeful film, full of cliched characters and poor predictable story, it could have been so much more but was ruined by Hollywood.

Looking forward to a 40K film and hope its of the quality in both visuals and story of something like Final Fantasy.