Contact by empty truck

c3k

Gents,

Playing CMBF. One of the Brit trucks (whatever they're called... like Land Rovers on steroids. They can hold 4+4 soldiers.), gained a contact on the enemy. The truck was transporting a 4 man engineer team and was being driven by a 2 man sniper team.

I QUICKED the engineers out and faced them to the contact.

I dimounted the driving team, the snipers.

The contact disappeared (ELITE difficulty). Neither group, the erstwhile drivers nor the former passengers, saw the contact. HOWEVER, selecting the EMPTY truck allowed me to see the contact.

In short, the EMPTY truck KNEW about the enemy, but no-one who was just IN the truck knew about them...

Savegame available.

Thanks,

Ken

The point being that the truck is EMPTY. No driver. No one. It is the ghost truck...

If the driver knew about the contact prior to dismounting, but then lost LOS to the contact point, THAT could (and may be) simulated in the game. That would be "?" known to the unit but with NO LOF.

In this situation there are no "?" visible when the former driver or former passenger unit are selected. When the empty truck is selected, the "?" becomes visible.

Thanks,

Ken