Hi all,

I have been playing WaW and really enjoying it. I am getting a little burned out and I am going to order PT for some variety.

I was wondering how much PDE changes the WaW formula for hte core WWII campaigns. I might get it too. I am not interested in the what if post WWII scenarios, but given how much I think WaW improved on SC2, I was thinking about about giving if try in scenarios like Fall Weiss. Any observations/suggestions on PDE relative to WaW would be welcome.

Thanks.

Hi George

The demo for PDE includes the Storm of Steel scenario, which starts in the spring of 1939 and gives you a few months to decide how (as Axis) you plan to conquer Europe, or as Allies how you are going to stop them. It will give you a flavour of the game, so why not give it a try!

Some of the improvements include: a better AI; the introduction of Decision Events; and a bigger map which now covers more of the USA and Mexico.

The post-WWII scenarios are actually quite fun too, so even if it's not a period of great interest to you, when you feel like trying something different they might be just the ticket, and once you've finished them, there are also some excellent Fall Weiss mods that have been done for PDE. :)

Not so sure that it is a good idea to get WaW and PDE both. PDE can be played without WaW and the storm of steel scenario of PDE pretty much replaces the fall weiss scenario that WaW offers. So I would actually but either PDE for the extra functionality or WaW for the $15 you save on the bundle pack.

I already have WaW myself, my post was a reaction on the OP actually. But you are right, it is better to get PDE instead of WaW and in retrospect I wish I had done that. If I want to buy PDE now it is going to cost me an additional $25 + shipping cost.

The good thing about P.D.E.is that as the Germans you start really eraly in 1939 so it opens ALOT more opportunities than in W.a.W.It also fun to tell the Russians to drop dead and not honor the non-aggression pact.

The other games not on W.a.W.are fun.