Had CM game sound in OS 9.2.2 before overhaul; now don't

Just had my dual OS iMac gone through with Tech Tools Pro 4 by a Mac power user friend. Had sound working fine before. Now, though, after waiting weeks for a PBEM turn, I'm suddenly fighting deaf.

Not good!

Have made sure sound was on, made sure headset volume was adequate, and restarted the game, none of which solved the problem. Am wondering whether something's now screwed up in Game Sprockets, or whatever it is. Anyone know how to fix this really annoying problem, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ April 01, 2007, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Just to double-check, but you haven't turned off sound in CM by accident have you (Shift + S) ?

You can also download and reinstall Game Sprockets 1.7.5, but I'm not sure if the SoundSprocket that came with that version was the best sounding. If that's the case then you could possibly try the SoundSprocket 1.0 available with Game Sprockets 1.5. Just use the SoundSprocket out of this package (assuming that it sounds better).

I'm not sure what Tech Tool could have done (if turning on the sound in CM isn't enough). I wouldn't have thought that it would unregister/unlink (or whatever) any software like Game Sprockets.

Interestingly enough I did some computer work for the makers of Tech Tool (Micromat) years ago when they just started (they were from my home town originally).

Schrullenhaft,

Not only did I carefully check to make sure I hadn't done that, but I completely shut the game down and rebooted. Nada. Ditto for CMBB.

Weirdly, when I went back to check moments ago, the problem had gone away, both in CMBB and CMAK. The only thing I did which might possibly explain this massive outcome change is that when I shut down Firefox, I closed all the tabs and flushed the cache, history, etc. How this would return sound when I had none before I don't know, but it's the only thing I can think of which might explain what

Appreciate the help and suggestions!

Regards,

John Kettler