Posting of AARs

JohnO

Well, Bertrand, "Merci beaucoup" for the links;

I have seen and read some of your excellent AAR on CYBERSTRATEGE which I browse quite often. The only problem I have found is about the French troops and tacticals terminologies for the infantry and the Armor. I am more use to the US ones than the French ones. That explain partly, why I have never translated a scenario in French, when it had been asked to me.

Cheers

Hi, thanks. You're right, i know that i should "work" better the text, to make more precise descriptions (and thus making translation easier). But, as for everything, writing a good text takes time ... so far i focused myself more on (nice / interesting) screenshots and even videos (in some case). I should try to write them directly in french and in english too next time.

@gibsonm : bravo for this comics :)

Leto;1152814']Band of Brothers (a club I belong to) does not really play a lot of CMSF. They still play on the whole CMAK' date=' CMBB and CMBO and all the AARs and DARs there are CMx1 based. All other CM clubs that I know of outside of World at War, do not play CMSF. World at War has a few guys that try to put together tournaments, but due to the nature of the CMSF game, it is not congruent to competitive PBEM tourney play, so there are not a lot of people that play the game this way.[/quote']

BoB does not play CMSF because they refused to accept it. I am also a member of BoB. A lot of BoB members have joined WaW specifically to play CMSF.There is a very active CMSF PBEM community.

In your dreams maybe :).The vast majority of CMx1 players are the same ones who were there 5 years ago. There is little fresh blood coming in, unlike CMSF.

So why do you keep posting the same thing over and over again? We know exactly how you feel about CMSF, you have made it abundantly clear hundreds of time. :)

A lot of BoB members have joined WaW specifically to play CMSF. There is a very active CMSF PBEM community.

Id like to add to this. CMSF IS played by more than a few at WaW and we have a sizeable and active ladder, though admitedly not as big as the CM-1 parts.

However, the ladder exists, our guys there have even made a couple of results calculators so that if you wish you can use them to make the game more even for both sides (Blue casualties gain more Red points for example).

We are also running another CMSF tournament, due to start mid September, this only requires the base game to play and is team based too.

And finally, returning to DARs/AARs, WaW does have some and the facility to do one over there is better than any other sites (you have to try it to appreciate it). But we have suffered from too many patches, which due to the nature of the games meant that DARs would be left unfinished as games were abandoned mid-stream.

In sum, we at WaW fully support CMSF more than any other site out there and to us it certainly may not be our most popular game, but neither is it dead.

Cheers