Strategic Command 1

Why can i not find any SC1 threads in the SC1 forum? i hope its not been shelved as i like the SC1 game and dont intend to buy SC2,would be nice to have someone to chat to or ask questions about tactics or future mods for SC1.

Just two announcement threads bill,indeed sad that the game has been shelved.

I wonder if you're seeing the same as me, because I can see the two announcement threads but there are also lots of discussion threads below:

SC1Forum.gif

Admittedly there is not as much discussion in there now as there used to be, but there is some on occasions.

Whoops my bad, if you change your display options you'll see more threads. Battlefront automatically makes your display options set to the latest posts (20 days), and if there is none then you see a message saying just that, but you can still see the announcement threads. So what you should do WiCkd1, would be to change the display option "from date" to one year, and then you see quite a few posts.

Your more then welcome. I actually thought about getting TOW, but I'm not sure how well the game would work on my laptop. I do play CMAK and CMBB, and those are quite good too, don't even cost much.

What are your laptop's specs? ToW does not have too steep requirements...

I definuitly recommend ToW scott,ive played ww2 games since i was a kid and ive brought CMAK and CMBB and id say ToW is an improvement by far on both games,ive played all the close combat games also,id just like to see a campain style map added to the mix,ive Making History by muzzylane which is a great axis and allies style game (but much better as it has way more depth) and i think a pairing of making history and ToW would make for a fantastic game.

I definuitly recommend ToW scott,ive played ww2 games since i was a kid and ive brought CMAK and CMBB and id say ToW is an improvement by far on both games,ive played all the close combat games also,id just like to see a campain style map added to the mix,ive Making History by muzzylane which is a great axis and allies style game (but much better as it has way more depth) and i think a pairing of making history and ToW would make for a fantastic game.

By the by - ToW is not a good acronym anymore, there is also WW2 game Time Of Wrath

laptop specs: XPS M1530

VC: nvidia 8600GTS

SC: Sound Blaster Xtreme Audio

HD: 250GB 7200 RPM

Memory: 4GB

Direct X 9 at least (I could upgrade easily though)

The very first time I tried the demo it crashed, so I kind of thought it was an ominous sign, maybe it was just bad luck. Sorry for the delayed response borsook, I'm usually quicker.