Shopping for an HDTV; 120 Hz worth the extra money?

tooz

Yep, finally got the okay to get an HDTV. I am looking for either a Sony or Samsung 40" with 1080. Questiohn: shelling out the extra bucks for more hertz worth it? I do watch mostly sports and action movies (especially historical ones).

My budget is $1000.

I just bought a new 120 Hz myself (actually it was a great deal, I didn't specifically shop for it) and judging by comments I got from other people (among them the cable guy :-)) it seems that it is able to display even non-HDTV channels crispier than a 100 Hz. I got a Phillips by the way from Sams Club, and it was under $1000.

Cool. Best Buy has a sale this weekend. I am going to grab the Sony - BRAVIA / 40" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LCD HDTV Model: KDL-40V5100 | SKU: 9222272.

sale price $949.

I guess I won't be working on the lawn today. :D

Thanks for the feedback.

...but I moved to the US :)

Shouldn't we have been warned? Is there a website that tracks your movements? I think there should be.

Back on topic. The 120 versus the 60 is night and day....especially with sports. The more Hz, the greater the refresh rate and less blur. Same goes for gaming and action films. Can't wait to see my '08 tax refund to upgrade to a 'real' TV.

tooz,

That looks like a pretty good deal.

"tooz, That looks like a pretty good deal."--mike the wino

Yep, seems that when a local competitor (in this case Amercian Appliance) has a sale the nearby Best Buy always tries to match it.

Everything is hooked up--DVD player and home theater--and I am very very happy with the results. I fear I will become fatter!

Yes, I am ready for some football!