Split squad mounted in two vehicles

JSB

Hi all,

I made a quick search but didn't find anything about this point in other threads.

Playing the new module "UK Britain's Joy" scenario in RT, I was surprised to spot a floating icon lost in open ground and with NO UNIT under it.

I then realized that the squad the icon was refering to was split in two teams mounted in two different vehicles. The icon was exactly between the two vehicles, which were at that moment very distant.

I did'nt make extensive testing, but I suppose that during their successive moves, the two vehicles came close enough to re-form the squad, as if the men were on foot, but I guess it's not a good feature to re-form a squad until the two teams are effectively dismounted.

It's not a major bug, as splitting the squad again gives good result, but according to the situation, it can appear very strange.

Easiest way to replicate is at setup phase, split a squad, mount them in seperate vehicles, then put the two vehicles right next to each other. Or you can cancel a passenger unit's move order after a few seconds (while part is still inside and not exited) and order the outside element to go walk somewhere.

Hi all,

I made a quick search but didn't find anything about this point in other threads.

Playing the new module "UK Britain's Joy" scenario in RT, I was surprised to spot a floating icon lost in open ground and with NO UNIT under it.

I then realized that the squad the icon was refering to was split in two teams mounted in two different vehicles. The icon was exactly between the two vehicles, which were at that moment very distant.

I did'nt make extensive testing, but I suppose that during their successive moves, the two vehicles came close enough to re-form the squad, as if the men were on foot, but I guess it's not a good feature to re-form a squad until the two teams are effectively dismounted.

It's not a major bug, as splitting the squad again gives good result, but according to the situation, it can appear very strange.

I had this exact same thing with a split UK javelin team.

They were in two Landrovers and when one landrover passed in front of the other one of the team in the stationary Landie started to move from front to back in the sitting position. As the landie passed faster, the guy moved faster. Then the landie drove off. Next thing I noticed was the Icon in the middle of nowhere and two dissapeared javelin teams. When they did re-appear they were on foot about 500 meters apart and had recombined at this distance.

I wish I had taken a screenie as the brit sitting right up on the front of the Landie Bonnet looked kind of hardcore!