TacOps for WW2 game?

Jgstrick

I love TacOps, but the old version I have has no scenarios for WW2 battles. I was wondering what the best game around I can get that is like TacOps but for WW2?

I didn't ask this in the TacOps forum because I thought it might be rude asking for a different game to play that wasn't TacOps.

This question would be fine in the TacOps section.

I have good luck just using the "exchange equipment" functionality in the premade scenarios and exchange all the modern gear for WW2 gear. If you stay close enough, that means tanks for tanks, APCs for APCs etc., then the AI attack plan will still work. I have played Task Force Arsenault like this.

I assume you know this but if you download the newest patch you get a lot of early to mid WW2 gear. You do not have premade scenarios with that gear but using the above procedure you can use it. If you play a human there's no problem in adding and removing stuff from a scenario freely.

It isn't unfinished.

It is just that people cannot make scenarios with AI plans, which for the most part ends up people only making scenarios on the fly for upcoming PBEM or multiplayer.

MajorH wanted to remake that aspect of TacOps so that you could do AI plans, but it got washed up large change streams such as the new terrain system and currently things are at a standstill.

Just to clarify since this forum doesn't allow me to edit my previous post which is less than an hour old :mad:

"Panzers East" was an abandoned effort that doesn't have to do with today's TacOps. Today's TacOps has WW2 units added in the newer patches.

So you have to put WW2 units into scenarios yourself.

• 3 weeks later...