Plans for 40mm airburst ammo in NATO module?

oh yeah, okey then I change to "Us, British and NATO forces"

as far as I know only SWEDEN uses the 40mm Bofors L/70 gun thats needed to fire this round, and Sweden isnt on the list for the NATO module. (despite all our work together with NATO we arent even members of the NATO)

Im thinking specifically for the CV90 because thats the first vehicle that comes to mind that has that type of shell available atm. 30mm is welcome too of course.

Implementing this would change the tactical side of things in the NATO module, as smoke shells does in the brit module now.

Does the export version of the T-90 and BMP-3 come with the airburst shells?

??!!

2A46M-5 Rapira 125mm smootbore gun doesen't use airburst ammo, even western armies doesent such ammo for their 120mm guns.

Ok there are plenty special ammo like PELE, APAM or M1028.

BMP-3 doesent use airburst ammo also, it use 100mm HE rounds, 30mm AP and HE rounds and 100mm ATGM's, nothing more.

Oh really?

So just check what is 3OF26 HE rounds for 125mm Rapira guns. No it is not airburst ammo but simple HE round.

BMP-3 use also 100mm HE rounds and 100mm 9M117 ATGM, and 30mm AP and HE ammo, oh look no airburst ammo!

But ok, I ask some Russians that know better and have contacts with Russian Army.

I'm sure I've seen statments that they can be airburst, we need an expert!

The HE frag shells are the ones I'm thinking of, not the regular HE shells.

edit:

Found some details on the 125mm airburst shells, they use the AINET fuse system fitted to the T-80 and T-90. For use with the 3VOF-22 and 3VOF-36 shell.

Maybe, hmmm I still highly doubt that this is really air burst ammo, maybe this is more frag round, you know, not air burst but more anti infantry capabielieties than simple HE round.

Well I ask these people from Russia, maybe they will have more info's.

I'm more interested in armor technology and anti tank munitions than anti infantry ammo, so this wil be good oprtunity to learn more. :-)

It shouldn't be that hard programming a computer that will work out the right time to set on a fuse to make it explode at a certain distance taken from the range finder if people have been doing it manualy for 200 years. It's definatly not as fancy as the 3PP shells on the CV90 though.

Im thinking specifically for the CV90 because thats the first vehicle that comes to mind that has that type of shell available atm. 30mm is welcome too of course.

Implementing this would change the tactical side of things in the NATO module, as smoke shells does in the brit module now.

CV9035, used by Royal Netherlands Army, is indeed armed with a Bushmaster III 35/50mm cannon, which can program and fire airburst 35mm HE ammunition. I look forward to this vehicle more than any other.

It's setting the fuse that takes some doing, plus the additional accuracy on time of burst that you need for a high velocity small calibre airburst projectile. on top of that, an airbursting round needs more accuracy anyway compared to shrapnel shells.

Airbursting shells rely on the burster charge for the velocity of the fragments. This means that it can hit targets behind defilade, but also that the point of burst has to be more accurate. Shrapnel-type shells use the velocity of the projectile for the fragments. The burster charge is small and is just to spread the fragments out a bit. The accuracy of the point of burst is not as important, but it cannot hit targets behind defilade. What it does instead is to hit the target with several hundred to a thousand or so machinegun bullets simultaneously.