Is anyone still playing this game......?

Clinne1

I was wondering if anyone was still playing this game..... just downloaded and played a few games, I have to admit I like it so easy to get to grips with.... Are there any single player scenarios out there as the doesnt seem to be any site still up and running where you can find an opponent which is such a shame........

Any Info on any groups..., or sites with files to download would be welcomed...

Hi Johno... Yeah I found that site but unfortunatly it seems dormant no updates since last year.... plus the links are all dead to other sites... have found a few file but to play them you need someone to play against...

Which is a shame as I'd like to play on some of the other maps in the game.... If anyone else has any more info that would be great......

Does anyone know if there will be a version 5 coming out as I think that would make the game popular again.........

> just downloaded and played a few games

Have you purchased the full retail version? It has a lot more scenarios than what is included with the demo, and they are all playable solitaire.

> doesnt seem to be any site still up and running where you can find an opponent

The old guard can still be found on a semi-private mailing list.

http://nxport.com/mailman/listinfo/tacops

TacOps looks like an amazing game and I do plan on picking it up pretty soon. Most likely this week. I was wondering how big of an effect does the terrain play in this game and also for TacOps 5 will the terrain imaging be amped up a bit?

If anyone is interested in a PvP game feel free to add me to your xfire list, my handle is tactikill. I should have this game soon and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

TacOps looks like an amazing game and I do plan on picking it up pretty soon. Most likely this week. I was wondering how big of an effect does the terrain play in this game and also for TacOps 5 will the terrain imaging be amped up a bit?

What you normally see is just a picture. You can put any picture you like. The TacOps CD includes scenarios with a variety of graphical representations of the terrain.

Terrain plays a larger role in TacOps than in many other games due to the modeling of dense woods and urban terrain. Many other modern games might have more elevation but no vegetation and only one grade of difficult movement terrain (TacOps has 4). TacOps also has water, bridges and water transport.

• 2 weeks later...
> will the terrain imaging be amped up a bit?

I don't expect so. My intent remains to keep TacOps maps looking more like real world paper maps than like aerial imagery.

Besides, I am not a good enough artist to do imagery style maps. :)

Understandable. Do you think it would be possible to use some form or manipulation of google earth maps, that way you won't have to do any drawing and just the coding aspect? Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that would be pretty cool, but at any rate I have purchased the game about a week or so ago and the art definitely does not detract from the game at all, so I'm very happy. It plays great and the AI is the most tactical and realistic of any strategy game that there is IMO. Love it, I should have bought it much sooner :)