New Campaign: Tip of the Spear RELEASED!

ToSPub.jpg

Take command of the LAR and CAAT elements of the 15th MEU as the Marines fight eastwards from the coast! As the units at the very front of the war, you are tasked with a variety of challenging assignments, with only your lightly-armored vehicles, your handful of infantrymen, and your tactical skills to survive.

-4 missions

-All maps based on real locations from Google Earth

This is still in BETA format, so please leave feedback on the Repository or here! It should be up shortly, and I hope you all enjoy! Bear in mind that this campaign requires patch 1.20 but NOT the Brits.

-FMB

• 2 months later...

I loved all the missions untill the Last (?) one where you defend in the dark. there is nothing "tip of the spear" recce in that one, just pure defense work.

I understand its hard to do a "grand final" for a recce campaign, but putting them static in a defensive position and having red forcing down on them has been done in so many other campaigns/missions so its boring and the last thing to expect from a recce campaign.

My favorite was the mission where I accendently CAS:ed my own recce team... :P

I loved all the missions untill the Last (?) one where you defend in the dark. there is nothing "tip of the spear" recce in that one, just pure defense work.

I understand its hard to do a "grand final" for a recce campaign, but putting them static in a defensive position and having red forcing down on them has been done in so many other campaigns/missions so its boring and the last thing to expect from a recce campaign.

My favorite was the mission where I accendently CAS:ed my own recce team... :P

Good to know, Chainsaw!

Sorry if you found it a little boring. The idea was based loosely on an actual engagement from the 1991 GW, but I can understand your feelings.

Well, Chainsaw's feedback got me thinking, so I made a new final mission! :D

It's on the same map (mostly) as the old one, but it's an entirely new mission that I think fits much better with the rest of them. Enjoy!

The new version (1.1) of the campaign should be on the Repository in a bit. If you guys like this last mission, I'll be able to take this one out of BETA status!