TF Thunder: Mission 09

Bloodbath or what?

Its the mission that takes place in a series of hedgelines with several objectives. also has two large buildings overlooking the entire battlefield.

I tried to be somewhat conservative in my approach. Having my scouts develop the situation.

This map turned into a bloodbath though. Lost a Stryker or two to ATGM's, then lost one or two more to mines.

I put 4 Javelins into one of the buildings on the hill, but still took fire from it. What gives?

I ended up losing 22 men of this. Pretty brutal mission.

This mission can go wrong very fast. Basically I just kept my Strykers back and used them to target light pretty much every building. I then moved my infantry platoons forward in bounds. One platoon up the middle-right, one platoon up the far right hand side, etc. I sent my scouts up the middle where the treeline was next to the road.

I remember using a lot of "area" fire on this map to keep the Syrian's heads down while closing for the kill. I do remember having a lot of frustration trying to get LOS to guys on rooftops, but this was way back in the day (Pre 1.08).

I found mission 02 to be worse than this one, but yeah, this one was a tough one (and a very good mission too, I thought). I havn't played it in 1.11 so it might be more difficult now.

TF thunder 09? whats the mission called?

wait, series of hedgeline? isnt that the "normandy something" mission made by michael dorosch? where you have no support fire at all?

if yes, this is verry well winable. i remember i didnt liked the mission, but it wasnt too bad in the end.

i didnt send any strykers down the road as it is mined pretty heavy. i pushed all through the fields.

basically its one of the most straight forward missions, take field after field, till youre at the end :)

I put 4 Javelins into one of the buildings on the hill, but still took fire from it. What gives?

The reasoning in my mind was that they were high on meth and/or painkillers. I had fewer problems, I used Javelins to suppress/destroy MG positions and used close assault by my scouts (I know, don't bite my head off) to get the ATGMs. The only tricky part was bunkers by the main road. Out of my 12 killed, 9 were from the teams I'd tasked with clearing those bunkers out.

The reasoning in my mind was that they were high on meth and/or painkillers. I had fewer problems, I used Javelins to suppress/destroy MG positions and used close assault by my scouts (I know, don't bite my head off) to get the ATGMs. The only tricky part was bunkers by the main road. Out of my 12 killed, 9 were from the teams I'd tasked with clearing those bunkers out.

4 Javelins into a building, and the building should collapse. Thats my point.

4 Javelins into a building, and the building should collapse. Thats my point.

Based on ... ?

There is some footage floating around teh intarwebs of a building that gets hit by a damn sight more than four javs (escalates from section weapons to Bradley to M1 to artillery to airstrike), and at the end it's basically fine. I wouldn't want to live in it, or work there, but it still has all its walls and floors. Many buildings in Grozny took a damn sight more than four javs, and they didn't collapse either.

Buildings are tough. For my money, I'd like to see them never collapse within the timescales of a CMSF battle.