A problematic observation in QB setup

I had setup a QB and send to a new PBEM opponent, but when he loaded the file, his CMSF crashed. Point is, he owns only the original game, while I own CMSF+Marines. So I played out my setup for both sides (without crash). My test run showed that the red side has T-90 tanks which are AFAIK only in the Marines modul.

Simple solution was of course that my opponent setup the next battle to avoid this problem. No big deal as long as only a single modul is released.

But with the release of the UK-Modul we can easily run into trouble since it containes also new US units which can not necessarily kept out by QB settings. What if player one owns CMSF+Marines, player two CMSF+British? It could become very tricky to setup compatible QBs for both.

Since this incompatibilty wasn't considered for the Marines Modul & v1.11, I wonder if it will be covered in v1.2!?

I'll make sure Charles is fully aware of this problem. When we designed the system there was a provision to make sure of multi-player compatibility, but it sounds like there is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Steve

Good to know, thanks!

The problem is the Red add on units of the Marine Module are not recognized as distinct. A QB/PBEM player who owns the Marine Module can select Blue Plain Vanilla Module but cannot exclude Red Syrian USMC module units (found in Special Forces/Rep.Guard) from being generated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have made some QB setups with v1.20

Seems to me that this bug is NOT resolved, since I frequently get T90 tanks for the Syrians (vs British forces), which are in the Marines Modul only, IIRC. Point seems to be, there's no way to generally opt units from a modul out in the QB setup screen.

Maybe my idea in this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=87795 ain't that bad at all...