Squad's firepower - windows floors

Does anyone know if the amount of windows affects a squad's firepower if they are all in a single story or multi-story building? I know to split them if they are in a multi-story for defensive purposes & LOS, but I was wondering if the game engine adjusts your squad's firepower per amount of windows on a floor & amount of troopers occupying the floor. If your squad has a SAW or two, do they get priority to shoot out the available window(s)? Are their priorities for MG squads, snipers etc., recreated by the game engine?

Thanks for any input & help!

I think there is a limit to how many shooters / window, but if there is, I don't know how many and who has priority fires. It *should* be SAWs, DMRs/snipers, and grenadiers with AT switching out as needed, but if that doesn't happen, I would personally chalk it up to a "bad" team or squad leader rather than call it a game fault.

I know this has been brought up several times, but the one thing that always bugged me about buildings is just how unsafe the roof is. One of the things that we would do after taking down a building is hang out on the roof and control the high ground; sure, vulnerable to higher buildings (that's why you take them down and not the short ones); but, life is imperfect and that's okay.

I know this has been brought up several times, but the one thing that always bugged me about buildings is just how unsafe the roof is.

Against small arms I'm not too worried about my guys chilling out on the roof, even if it's the flat roof without the... wall protecting you from below. It's when they start shooting 25mm and up that I find myself wishing I'd had them go somewhere else. That and airbursts. Those always suck.

I think there is a limit to how many shooters / window, but if there is, I don't know how many and who has priority fires. It *should* be SAWs, DMRs/snipers, and grenadiers with AT switching out as needed, but if that doesn't happen, I would personally chalk it up to a "bad" team or squad leader rather than call it a game fault.

I know this has been brought up several times, but the one thing that always bugged me about buildings is just how unsafe the roof is. One of the things that we would do after taking down a building is hang out on the roof and control the high ground; sure, vulnerable to higher buildings (that's why you take them down and not the short ones); but, life is imperfect and that's okay.

Yeah, I don't blame anything on the game since i have no idea of the amount of coding Battlefront has done & is doing. I'm sure it's enormous. I don't know if having priorities like we are thinking about are feasible to the the scope of Shock Force. It would just be neat to know.

I hear you on the roof thing. I know, I'm not military & I have seen it on You Tube & Live Leak, but I have seen lots of video where they always have men on the roof & their firepower is intense. It takes a lot of courage to stand up there & pour the fire on the bad guys when natural instinct is to duck & do it quickly.

You earned your Ranger tab, PM me if you want to see some great pics of what Ted Nugent did with me & 4 of the Rangers from Somalia. It was the coolest thing anyone has ever done. It was fun too.

The thing that has driven me nuts a couple of times is when I CANNOT get an AT asset to acquire LOS from a particular building location even though three sqaddies are going "check out the T90 dude". I mean there are times when I have wasted fifteen minutes and three saves trying and it just won't work.

Against small arms I'm not too worried about my guys chilling out on the roof, even if it's the flat roof without the... wall protecting you from below. It's when they start shooting 25mm and up that I find myself wishing I'd had them go somewhere else. That and airbursts. Those always suck.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same, I just notice a higher casualty rate on roofs; which is okay, I just wish my pixel soldiers wouldn't die. :(

I hear you on the roof thing. I know, I'm not military & I have seen it on You Tube & Live Leak, but I have seen lots of video where they always have men on the roof & their firepower is intense. It takes a lot of courage to stand up there & pour the fire on the bad guys when natural instinct is to duck & do it quickly

Fire discipline, plus an well-equipped squad can dish out a lot of firepower relatively quickly. One neat thing is that SAW and 240 gunners can load their weapons while under cover, then pop up and continue firing; just have to be careful you don't overheat the barrels and make the whole thing go cyclic.

Does anyone know if the amount of windows affects a squad's firepower if they are all in a single story or multi-story building? I know to split them if they are in a multi-story for defensive purposes & LOS, but I was wondering if the game engine adjusts your squad's firepower per amount of windows on a floor & amount of troopers occupying the floor. If your squad has a SAW or two, do they get priority to shoot out the available window(s)? Are their priorities for MG squads, snipers etc., recreated by the game engine?

Last time I dealt with this I was under the impression that there is very little limitation of outgoing fire through windows, with soldiers virtually shooting through walls instead of assuming an actual shooting position at a window. I found that this increases battlefield lethality in an unrealistic manner, but as far as I remember the then-official response was that nothing could be done about that.

Best regards,

Thomm