Berlin-Reichstag Map

much impressed by the amazing statics pack, I decided to make it ready to use with a map!

builder2009062020054397w.jpg

but I ran in a problem, I succeded to import the new statics in ToW, I can see all of them in the map editor, see the pic, but unfortunately most of them do'nt show in the game, what am I doing wrong?

Tartari

I ran into that problem when I tried to bring a TOW1 static into TOW2. Did you add the new houses to the static.ini file? I was able to see the new static in the map builder but not in the game until I added it to this file. I apologize if I'm stating the obvious.

Oudy

Tartari,

I tested with the Air_ministry building (a mono.sim type of building), and at least this one is working in a mission. There are still a few problem with the file as is, though: infantry can see through the walls, and the buiding has no shadow. Lod distances would have to be a bit refined too, IMHO. Have a look at your message box, I've sent you an email with the steps I've taken to see the Air_ministry building in game.

eh? what is this big building doing in the middle of Tier Garten in your screenshot ? ;)

The Spree looks nice. you could use the Spree_bort objects to enhance the look of the enbankments: they're working i game too.

having looked further into the Air_ministry max scene, it seems the collision is not working because the collision object collision_x0y0_dam0 is not a convex one. it should be splitted into two collision objects collision1_x0y0_dam0 and collision2_x0y0_dam0 to have a convex shape. that should allow the game engine to handle the collision properly.

As for the shadows, there is a shadow object inside the scene, so the tse file have probably been created without enabling the shadow for last lod option.

Knokke,

thank you for your help!

Your way is the same as mine, but for some reason, it works for ToW2 with the snags you mentioned, but not in ToW1 for the mono type of statics.

grab20090621173852102.th.jpg

I thought it would be less time-consuming, it seems that i'll have to learn how to use the meshtools! :D

The Kroll Oper will be at the correct place, the pic showed a work in progress state. ;)

Tartari,

I tested the Air_ministry mono.sim building in ToW1, and it is working.

I added the following lines in the static.ini:

[***]

Title !germany_berlin_mono

[buildings.House$Air_ministry]

Title Air_ministry

MeshLive 3dobj/environment/buildings/ger/Air_ministry/mono.sim

MeshDead 3dobj/environment/buildings/ger/Air_ministry/mono.sim

Preset House_Brick_Frail

Which specific buildings do you have a problem with?

it is not a problem of static.ini writing, since I can see every building in ToW1 in the map editor and i have no problem to see them all in ToW2. Currently, I'm trying to understand how to work with the models and the meshtools.

ok, I think I will give up, too difficult for me, without any help (there is nothing about statics in the manuals). Sorry guys, I just wanted to make this awesome building pack playable, maybe someone else will manage to do it. :(

Are the new buildings still on your map when you re-open the map editor?

Did you open the actors.statics file in notepad, to check if the buildings are still there when you save your map?

I makes me think that it could be related with the problem I've with one of my map: nothing is saved when I edit something

I doubt this is the case, you would probably have noticed it. I'm puzzled with this one. I have no idea why it is working for me and not for the others.

Let's see if LeLynx has more success. If not, I might as well try to do the job - though it would greatly slow my own projects :(

-Knokke

It could be related to the StaticTypePreset.ini file: I noticed that some presets have been changed a bit in ToW2 ([House_Brick_Big], for example)

perhaps we need to create two presets for the [House_Brick_Big]: one for ToW1 and one for ToW2 since the buildings are not working the same way in the two versions: for example, Eligibleforcover True should not work with a ToW1 object.