American Inf. Weapons that go "CLICK"

Oh oh! I was staring at your post for a few moments wondering, myself! :)

That's the rifle-mounted 40mm grenade launcher. I think its called the M203. Its handy because at least in-game it outranges the M4 carbine.

[Dang! Apocal beat me to the answer! :)]

Youtube video of the real thing at work

The white puff of smoke being seen in the distance is more likely an A.T round being fire. However, not from the AT-4 and alike since the impacting explosion is from what you are reporting small. If the range is at the most 200 - 300 yards it could be as Mickey D said a M-203 round.

If you want to check that, go to my AT-14 range file on the Marines repository and modify the file to insert the weapon you wish to test. It is in that file that, I notice for the first time, the white puff of smoke of the AT-14 firing.The missile takes a second or so at the most to reach the tank on the berm (1600 meters to travel if I do not make a mistake)

Cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Well in the video the M-203 fires, the camera pans, and the guys whoop it up as a white puff appears in the distant doorway. Its easy to assume it was due to the 40mm grenade impacting. If someone off-camera was also firing an AT4 you'd suppose the camera mic would've picked up a great 'BLAM!' from the nearby recoilless blast.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to go with the 40mm round especially since he said the click.. the impact from a distance produces the small whitich cloud.

If you are playing turn based. Reverse back and you sould be able to see the trajectory and track the round.

Also, 40MM, usually will be followed by many more 40mm rounds tracing the same trajectory...click...click...click....40mm tends to rain in on the objective

Course I see sniper's buddies firing solo rounds as well....

I've come to that conclusion. They' re from the M203 40mm grenade launcher, although I'm surprised they can be loaded and fired that quickly.

Thanks to all who posted.

If they are firing absurdly fast, odds are they are M32 multiple grenade launchers. Those have six shots in the magazine.