Scenario replayability

To summarize this discussion:

Those who are new scenario/campaign designers will make many mistakes in their first attempts. Those who play them may or may not like them. Sending comments to the creator helps that person refine their technique. The player expectations should be low. These games will be played mostly by new or bored players with lots of time to experiment.

Experienced designers will place optimization and style info readily accessible to the player. The expectations will be higher and so will the resulting satisfaction. These games will be highly rated and discussed in the forums and will be played by experienced players who are picky and with limited time to play, are easily disappointed when their limited play time is spoiled by playability, style, or predictability.

Those who download these games should set their expectations accordingly. Games supplied with the game which are examples of the highest level of quality are discussed at great length here in the forums and the designers for Battlefront usually (and rightfully-pridefully) own up to these creations. The purpose of these discussions is to encourage the new experimenters with ideas about what the community expects and applaud the mature artists for their attention to detail.

Thank you everyone who devotes the huge amount to time necessary to create even the simplest scenarios and seeing the small thanks users toss your way. I suspect the satisfaction of learning to control the details to one's own satisfaction is the primary motivating factor.

Every player should try to create a game at least once. It will greatly affect your attitude toward designers.

-Pv-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, can anybody advice good H2H scenarios from Repository for basic game (without modules)? I want to play a game with friend of mine who doesn't own marines. By the word "good" I mean battles which are really playable for both sides, US and Syrians alike.