How do I reinstall Marines w/o paying for it again?

I just reinstalled CMSF base version on my new PC. I had run it with the Marines module on my old PC but how do I reinstall Marines on the new rig without paying for it again? I did not physically transfer anything from the old hard drive, assuming I could redownload Marines as a legit customer. Can you help? Thanks!

I have just replied to your support ticket as well. Actually it's easy to figure out if you go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk (that's where all the "support" links point to from the main page :-)) and look up the CMSF or Battlefront Store category.

Sorry about the double-post, Moon, impatience is one of my least attractive characteristics.

Your response was very helpful. I unlicensed CMSF on my old machine because I incorrectly recalled that I had bought it as a download, not in DVD form, which was in fact the case. This morning I reinstalled CMSF from the DVD with no apparent difficulty; it did not require a license key, although I have not run the program yet. I'm assuming that when I unlicensed CMSF I unlicensed Marines, too, so my understanding of the next sequence of events is:

- Install Marines.

- Install the latest patches (1.11 only, for owners of Marines module, I assume)

- Activate the module.

- Run game

I'd be grateful if you could correct any of the above assumptions if neccessary.

...And apologies again for the double-post, I was just trying to get it all done before going to work. Many thanks.

No problems about the double-post.

The sequence is correct.

You only need the Marines patch, you do not need any other patches (the Marines patch patches the base game automatically). You also only need to activate the Module, it automatically activates the base game, too (if needed).

You are never prompted for a license durning installation, only when you try to actually run the game. (You may in fact install the game as often as you like, but only two copies may be active at any given time).

Martin

If you bought CMSF from BF.C you did good unlicensing it (not sure about other publishers). You can install it without licensing but you need to do it when you start up the game for the first time. You have 2 activations on your license so be carefull with them (although I think BF.C is quite forgiving ;) ). Remember to ALWAYS unlicense before uninstalling / switching OS's or PC. I view it as a nice memory training :)

The rest of your understanding of 'events' is fully correct in my opinion. The game will automatically try to license the first time you fire it up.

Patches can be installed at any time, but be sure to install the MARINE version of the patch, not the base game patch.

EDIT: Had dinner while posting, Moon explained it all already :)

Thanks, guys. I'm AFK right now but I assume the license key will be in the manual or somewhere...

I can't wait to see what the game looks like on my much-overdue, beefy new system. I can run it at 1920 x 1200 (if the game allows it) on a 24" monitor. I had all sorts of little graphical corruptions on the old rig, which wasn't really up to the task but functional nonetheless. On the new PC it should really fly.

The license key for downloadable product (delivery types: Download Only, Download & Mail) is saved in your customer account at www.battlefront.com/store. After logging in, click on My Account from the top menu. If you forgot your login, www.battlefront.com/lostpw will reset your password and send you the new password and your username via email. For Mail Only delivery, the key is indeed printed on a label, usually on the back of the DVD box.