Make new maps

Messere08

Actually, at this moment, only this way is possible (map editor manual):

"6. Saving a map and loading it into a mission

Choose Save map in the menu File.

The changes made will be saved into the game folder Maps\<map_name>. A map saved in this way will have priority over the original map in the SFS-archive and will replace it in the game. To see the results of your work, load any mission using this map. You can also create a new mission in the mission editor.

If you need to restore the original map, delete all the contents of the folder Maps\<map_name>."

I believe the map doesn't show because there is no load.ini file. If I copy a map from ToW in the ToW2 map folder, the map name shows in the list in the map editor (but wont load, because some elements needed, like textures, are not used in ToW2).

So it will probably not work the way I mentionned unless we can extract the map files with SFS extractor from the SFS archive.

I wonder if it might be possible to make the ToW maps work in ToW2 if we could add all the missing bits in ToW2?

The map editor is like ToW1 's one: very powerful! If you really want to make maps (very long and somewhat boring at the end activity), read carefully the manual, try to begin by making slight changes to the stock maps and then... :)

I'm afraid that it's currently not possible, as it was at the beginning regarding ToW1, I don't know if 1C is planning to release a "clear map" (which is necessary for making a map from scratch) but thanks to the SFS extractor, I was able to make one myself, and will soon upload it.

@General Solomon: road and statics placing is very easy and user friendly in my opinion with Tow editor (very well explained in the manual)