Mosques and Minarets

Thanks for the info on where to find the Mosques. The one thing I miss in the new downloadable games is a bound manual but I understand why they do it. I find e-manuals very hard to get much out of.

I havent seen any minarets in the scenario's yet so I assume there arent any? Hopefully they will add them.

I hope they add more countries and locations as time goes on. I can think of a few I would like to see added:

Israel

Iran

Iraq

Afghanistan

Russia

Georgia

Ukraine

France

Germany

etc

etc

etc

Hopefully they will continue to add countries and locations so you could simulate just about any modern conflict. They possibilities are endless.

Any idea if they have any interest in expanding it? This is such a great game and much better than the original it was derived from.

No, minarets are not included. BF went for a strict "generic building" design for their first release of the new engine, so we'll not see them in CMSF.

However, their next CM Normandy game should see a wider range of buildings and hopefully BF's next take on a modern "cold war" setting as well. But for now, all you can do is build a 8-story tower and add some balconies - not really a minaret, but gets the job done. You may want to check some of the other scenarios how it looks.

And I'm afraid new countries or locations for CMSF won't be added, neither. There will be a brand new modern day game sometime after the Normandy game in a temperate, setting (probably NATO/Russia?).

For CMSF, there will be a "NATO" module after the British forces are released, most likely including Germans, French and Canadians (perhaps Dutch). Some new stuff for Syria might be included also, but definitely no new country.

However, the current engine does a pretty good job at modelling non-Syrian scenarios. Some pleople have already made a couple of Afghanistan battles, and there are a couple of mods out there to help simulate Russian troops or conflictes outside of Syria.

Hope that helps. :)