CMBB Install Issue

Hi all...

I just got CMBB in the mail to day and am having some issues with it.

I came home, popped it into the CD Rom, clicked on My Computer, D:\, CMBB Installer.exe and the disk just spun. I went to task manager and the D: drive wasn't responding. SO I give it a few minutes, no good. Try to End Task from the Task Manager and I get an error telling me it can't shut down.

So I reset and pop it into my CD R/W drive. Same issues. Now I bought CMBO less than a month ago and it installed just fine. My computer is more than powerful enough to handle the game so it isn't anything like that. I don't think it'd be the drivers because I use both CD Roms daily and have installed more than one program in the last month with them. Any ideas?

Thanks

[ August 04, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: BigDork ]

hi BD,

I actually have the exact same problem. I did have a scratch on the cd when it came in the mail, but I was able to install when I inserted it into my other CDROM drive (I have a CDR RW drive and a DVD player in my system)

For some reason one of my drives does not like the CM CD's and the other is ok with it. Just curious but what drive(s) do you have in your system?

FYI, you can use a small third party program to make an ISO of your CD's and use the program to load this ISO so that you do not need to use the physical CM CD's. The program I use is Virtual CD. You can use this program to make ISO's of all your games (their CD's) and run all of your games without needing to open your CDROM again.

[ August 04, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: WarDogz ]

I have the exact same problem. I can't install unless I'm in safe mode. The disk just spins and the drive stops responding. The problem is that I can install it in safe mode but the cd still can't be read to start the game when I'm not in safe mode. Any suggestions. I liked the demo and wouldn't mind playing this game that I bought.

You'll need to provide more details about your computer (Windows version, video card, video drivers, retail or Internet version of CMBB, etc.) in order to get more help. You may also want to consider 'cleaning up' some of the software that you have installed. There may be something (I don't know what) that is causing a problem that is software-related in your setup.