Just had a great H2H in M.Ezra's "Madrassah" scenario for the Marines module

This is one of the battles that comes with the Marines (sorry if I do not recall the exact title) in which Blue has to subdue uncon activity in a heavily defended town with two truck-mounted platoons, supporting MG and Jav teams and generous indirect support. My regular Sunday morning opponent is knowledgeable and a fierce opponent but it's great to be able to shoot the **** with a pal over voice comms (thanks SimHQ) while doing your best to kill him. It's a really well-balanced scenario and is sensibly timed at 55 minutes. I decided to make force preservation a priority and I did well in that respect but moved more slowly as a result. We went at each other on the flanks in the ouskirts of the objective village but, after using supporting fire very effectively and combining it with good tactical movement of my two infantry units, I never noticed the notification of reinforcements, so I just left them there and fought my way to a Uncon tactical victory!

Great battle, though, treerific map, brief and balance. Thanks again, Mark.

This is one of the battles that comes with the Marines (sorry if I do not recall the exact title) in which Blue has to subdue uncon activity in a heavily defended town with two truck-mounted platoons, supporting MG and Jav teams and generous indirect support. My regular Sunday morning opponent is knowledgeable and a fierce opponent but it's great to be able to shoot the **** with a pal over voice comms (thanks SimHQ) while doing your best to kill him. It's a really well-balanced scenario and is sensibly timed at 55 minutes. I decided to make force preservation a priority and I did well in that respect but moved more slowly as a result. We went at each other on the flanks in the ouskirts of the objective village but, after using supporting fire very effectively and combining it with good tactical movement of my two infantry units, I never noticed the notification of reinforcements, so I just left them there and fought my way to a Uncon tactical victory!

Great battle, though, treerific map, brief and balance. Thanks again, Mark.

Mark does good work, no doubt about it.

Joe

Sure appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the scen...it's "Blues for Allah"....Obviously not a Grateful Dead fan...but that's OK, nobody's perfect ;)

No, sorry, the Dead have always passed me by. I'd be impressed if you managed to name a CMSF scenario after a Joy Division song.

Concur - great mission/map Mark -

I confess I am Bahger's regular sparring opponent and yesterdays's punch up was an extremely tense and well-fought head-to-head realtime battle...

(Not sure why you missed the reinforcements Bahger - I was lobbing RPGs at extreme range at that convoy of trucks in the hope of making one go 'boom' for about 30mins...)

I also find playing Red its dam easy to run out of RPGs (esp with conscript troops) - whereas as Blue you just head back to the Strykers and tool up again...

but excellent scenario and really shows the game off well.

I think including reinforcements was the right call (even if I ignored them out of sheer FOW). Against any competent human opponent the original rifle platoons are required to secure the flanks.

Tim, as Blue in the Marines module, there is no resupply from trucks; infantry gets to use only what it can carry.