New Smoke and Tracer Mods

Yesterday I uploaded to the repository three new mods - one Smoke and Dust mod and two Tracer mods.

The difference between two the tracer mods is just the color.

You can download the mods from this page:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=select&id=6&orderby=2&page=2

The mod names are - proEffects Smoke, proEffects Tracer and proEffects Tracer Light.

I hope you'll enjoy the mods :=)

Any comments and crits are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

On the following screenshots you can take a look at the mods in action:

screenshot04small.jpg

screenshot05small.jpg

screenshot06small.jpg

screenshot07small.jpg

@ nikita320106

Thanks.. please share your thoughts after checking :=) crits is really needed..

@ stikkypixie

Thanks.. I'm really glad you like it.. any crits.?

Now I'm working on the muzzle fire.. very tricky stuff..

Additive transparency behaves differently depending on the environment.. But we'll see if I end up with anything worthy..

Here are some WIP screenshots..

screenshot11.jpg

screenshot10.jpg

@ nikita320106

Thanks.. please share your thoughts after checking :=) crits is really needed..

@ stikkypixie

Thanks.. I'm really glad you like it.. any crits.?

Well I really like the dispersed look, but I thought the colours looked too faded, not as dark as I think it ought to be (even though I have no experience with these kind of things). The dust kicked up by vehicle doesn't match the colour of the sand on the ground. But it's kinda minor.

Thank you Stingray.!

@ stikkypixie

Well I really like the dispersed look, but I thought the colours looked too faded, not as dark as I think it ought to be (even though I have no experience with these kind of things). The dust kicked up by vehicle doesn't match the colour of the sand on the ground. But it's kinda minor.

Thanks a lot for the notes.!

Regarding the colors being too faded and not dark enough you mean tracers or smoke.?

As for the dust, yes I agree, the color doesn't match.

But as I said, my intention was to make it look like a bit dirty ground dust instead of looking like a sand dust. I'll look into it once again and probably make a color matched version.

Thanks again.

New tracers look really good, but can their quantity be reduced? It seems now there are too many of them.

Pretty sure that is hardcoded. Tracers aren't mean to represent actual tracers, but rather to add a visual queu to help the player better understand what is happening in the battle. Thus, every bullet fired from any weapon (including rifles and pistols) is a tracer.

That is what developers say and I agree with them. But why not to make it some kind of an option, cause for me it is pretty annoying as well as for many other players. And that it why I'm asking if the author of that mod can make a small one which exclude small arms tracers. I'm sure lots of people will be extremly grateful)

That is what developers say and I agree with them. But why not to make it some kind of an option, cause for me it is pretty annoying as well as for many other players. And that it why I'm asking if the author of that mod can make a small one which exclude small arms tracers. I'm sure lots of people will be extremly grateful)

I'd like reduced tracers, but not no tracers. IMO that's worse than what we've got; and I don't think you can mod in reduced tracers.

As the author of this mod I have to say that, in my opinion, tracers are absolutely necessary to have a clear view and understanding of what's going on on the battle field..

But the main reason why I made this mod was exactly to make the tracers appear less sharp and bright, and therefore less visible and annoying, but at the same time still have a clear picture of who, what and where is firing..

Unfortunately, there's no way to separately affect appearance of different kind of weapons as they all share the same and the only texture for the tracers..

In my opinion, each weapon must have its own tracer texture and I'm ready to contribute a set of textures for each type of weapons if needed..