I play Strategic Command and the other parts of the game for years now. By playing my last turns I recognize how much I go deeper and deeper in a virtual world that I really like. I like my armies and tanks. I like the clearly arranged map and the most efficient interaction I know in any strategic game I know. Really really good work from Hubert!!

What I now thinking about is what comes next? Maybe you already know it because of StratCom Design Challenge. Or is there maybe something new? I mean I would love to see that Hubert makes a slightly new stuff. A more tactical war game or a build-up strategy game like civilization. This comfortable feeling in a virtual-real world is screaming for another platform too. I hope somebody feel similar and know what I am talking about.

Amadeus, you are not alone!

To see a glimpse of the new platform, take a look at the Airborne Assault series by Panther games. This is obviously not the final product we long for as it has not been ported to the strategic scale, but use your imagination.

Also imagine that instead of Real-Time pausible it is a simultaneous turn based creation. The mechanism behind this genre puts the player in a truly simulated command position, with the least amount of micro-management.