Installed CMAK but can't save PBEM files, it seems

I've got a new PC laptop (VISTA). Quickly installed CMAK and want to kick up a battle with a mate. But what do I find? I can load up the PBEM file he has sent me, but when I buy troops and hit GO, it takes me to the PBEM save screen where I update _000 to _001 and hit save. It disappears without a sound and apparently does nothing. I cannot find and _001 file on the puter at all. I've tried resetting the compatibility to XP just in case, but that has made no difference. I've set up a couple of QBs and saved PBEM files, but the do not appear either.

Suggestions, good people?

Brilliant! I did 'run program as an administrator' and it worked this time. I wonder if I'll have to do that every time or if the setting will stick *fingers crossed*.

Thanks Redwolf. I'm still getting the hang of Vista - which seems to be a particularly paranoid MS product.

Cheers

HH

• 4 weeks later...