Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Odd TF Thunder save bugs

akd

I'm running into an odd situation when loading the first save of a campaign mission causes all the red units to be displaced from their original positions.

1. I start the campaign and create a save (001) during setup of mission 1. I play mission 1 a bit, and the red units are in their logical places. I then exit without making another save. When I return and load "001" the red units are displaced, e.g. in the trenchlines nearest the blue start much of the red infantry is now in the open next to their trenches, and the static tanks are on flat ground several tiles away from their dug-in positions. I start the campaign over and make a save later into the mission, which I can load without problems.

001bug.jpg

2. I finish mission 1 and a save is created (in this case "003") before mission 2 begins. I continue on to mission 2 without exiting and play for a few minutes, discovering the two bunkers in front of the main entrance to the airfield as soon as my first unit has LOS over the little rise in front of the starting position. Once again I exit without making another save. I return the next day and load "003," moving my first units up the rise as before, but now the bunkers are MIA. I move units almost up to the gate and still no sign of the bunkers. I move units around to the "back entrance" near the control tower and spot several groups of irregulars scattered about in the open on the tarmac.

I created saves of the missions when I got the displaced units. When loading these, the units remain displaced.

p.s. I noticed in mission 2 that the first reinforcements notification says "2nd platoon and antitank platoon have arrived," but no AT platoon appears on the map.

This is of no interest??

Well, this on top of my inability to play QBs made me decide to do a reinstall from disks. Here is what I experienced:

Install v1.01

-launch QB with default install settings. Starts normally.

-load newly made TF Thunder campaign setup save. Red positions normal.

Install Marines v1.10

-first QB attempt (default settings). Loads kinda slow then dumps me to desktop with no error.

-second QB attempt (default settings). Loads kinda slow then switches to opposing side on start.

-load another newly made TF Thunder campaign setup save. Red positions normal.

Install Marines v1.11

-first QB attempt (default settings). Loads slow and hangs at 77% for a long time. Switched to opposing side at start.

-second QB attempt (default settings). Loads slow and hangs at 77% for a really, really long time. After finally loading, switched to other side on start. Also interesting to note the crazy start-up positions I find red in when I switched at start.

qbbug1.jpg

-and finally, load another newly made TF Thunder campaign setup save. Red positions displaced. So...

1. My QBs seem to have broken between v1.01 and v1.10

2. My campaign setup saves seem to have broken between v1.10 and v1.11

Is your original version a Battlefront or a Paradox sold version?

I seen other threads in which some update or patch issues arise because of who the seller of the original software is. That could be what is at play here.

This from another thread:

"if you have Paradox version you need install 1.10 patch before installing 1.11. Paradox 1.11 patch is only incemental patch, 1.10 is all-inclusive."

I am not sure the accuracy of the above but I pass it along it the event is is helpful.

Put in your issue into the Battlefront helpdesk. After all, that is what they are there for -to assist people.

Steve,

Quick battle issue as well, or just the displaced starting position thing?

Is your original version a Battlefront or a Paradox sold version?

I seen other threads in which some update or patch issues arise because of who the seller of the original software is. That could be what is at play here.

This from another thread:

"if you have Paradox version you need install 1.10 patch before installing 1.11. Paradox 1.11 patch is only incemental patch, 1.10 is all-inclusive."

I am not sure the accuracy of the above but I pass it along it the event is is helpful.

Put in your issue into the Battlefront helpdesk. After all, that is what they are there for -to assist people.

Battlefront version for both.

The chances of the game functioning at all with an incorrect patching are quite low. Plus, the code in the Paradox version is identical to the Battlefront version. The only difference is the copy protection.

AKD, I'm looking into it. From memory both situations have been fixed. The QB ones fairly recently, the Campaign thing a while back. I've not had the time to dig through the release notes of the patches (it's not as simple as it is with released builds).

Steve

Steve, akd, would you please be so kind to help me to find a workaround for this bug? It seems I have run into this in the second battle of the campaign: defenders are seemingly scattered around randomly in the open, but never too far away from some proper defensive position. I wouldn't like to wait till the next patch to continue with the campaign, the game has been too much fun so far to just stop now :D

So, if I understand correctly what akd has been researched so far, the bug will surely happen if you save in the setup phase, quit, and reload the save. I assume if I just don't quit and reload in this phase then the bug won't occur, therefore saving/reloading only after the second turn could be a workaround. The problem with this solution is that after when I finish a battle I don't necessarily have the time which is needed to figure out a sound plan for the next battle and set up all the units. Perhaps it is just me, but this can take hours for me :D, I kind of like to plan my battles well in advance.

So, do you think that the bug won't occur if, after a battle ends, I save when I review the map of the finished battle, and then I quit and later reload? This would allow me to check the next map in advance, and figure out a plan and set up units when I have time to play next time.

• 3 months later...

Just wanna bump this so people are more aware of this bug. I just ran into this scenario-breaking bug in my campaign(see my hiding & spotting thread).

The bottom line: DO NOT SAVE AT SETUP! Because if you do load and play that setup file the enemy will be displaced from their defense setup.

Glad to hear it's known and fixed for the next patch 1.20. But this bug should be clearly stated(sticky thread) so players can take action to avoid it. Since I'm sure most people always save at setup since it can take time to setup