Pooh and Tigger need help!

Thomm

Plenty of times I have seen an Abrams take a hit which renders it "Destroyed", upon which the crew bails out, even though its tracks and engine are fine and none of the crew WIA or KIA -- it's "destroyed" even though, according to the damage tab, nothing critical has a red X. If a tank is rendered combat-ineffective but is still mobile, why would the crew bail out? Wouldn't they first try to reverse out of danger? It seems something odd for the TacAI to do, especially compared to instances when it acts wisely, such as when a TOW vehicle reverses out of LOS as soon as the tubes are empty and it has to reload.

Oh, and by the way: All (or nearly all) of the Red forces on the map are Crack. No wonder it seems like you have to blow them away where they stand. In most other battles, the enemy fires, your forces fire back, and the enemy often cowers or buggers off. In "Pooh", though, they really stand and fight.

It surely is a different experience! Never before have I seen quick-moving Marines be dropped at range like that!

And let's not talk about a full squad of Marines bunched up in a small house hit by a Kornet!!! :eek:

Never seen vehicles being killed within seconds after exposure like in Pooh before, either!

It is certainly a benchmark battle in many respects!

Best regards,

Thomm

I just completed Pooh for the first time. All and all, rather pleased with my Total Victory as it leaves me in good shape for the next scenario (Milk Run) as I had only 21 KIA, 25 WIA and the loss of two Humvees for my losses.

Spent a hour wriggling my recon guys and snipers deep in and that payed off as I was able to knock out his major stuff with my arty and CAS. Some tough fights in the Eyeore area but I prevailed. Successfully occupied Objectives Eeyore, Pooh, and Piglette and Phase Line.

My Base Plan was go deep with my recon elements and get eyes on. Fox Plt with support of the CAAT platoon went left and swept the area from LOD to Piglette. The rest of my force went up the middle with one Plt splitting left into Pooh and the last Plt and the engineers splitting right and tackling Eeyore.

I look forward to trying it again. But for now, onto Milk Run...