CMSF Marines - Javelins and Mines

Rayak47

I'm living in Zimbabwe and a little behind the times, so don't stone me if someone has already started a thread on this! (There's enough people here already that want to stone me! :)

Playing the campaing scenario on version 1.10, (can't download 1.11, the internet is too slow here!), my Marine Javelins had about a 10% or less hit rate. What up? I know that javelin's have had trouble locking on to hull down tanks because of a poor heat signature, but that was not modelled in the previous Army versions as in those previous games they had about a 90% hit rate. My units were running back to the AAVs and reloading but it was a total waste, I knocked out more tanks with AT-4's. Anyone know why this is occuring?

Also, is the "mark mines" function still not activated even by version 10?! I lost a few engineers, an a M-1 and two AAV's to mines that I could do nothing about except avoid the whole area. I could not get the mark mine bar to light up? Yeah, I know that joke about a Marine mine detector!

Rayak47,

What are you doing down in Zimbabwe?

Javs are a hard mission agains the Hull down tank. I'd save them for a better shot. Playing hills and highways last night and I used Artillery and finally my Jav got a good shot in as well.

Mines are still detected on the run. You run your troops through the field and see if anyone blows up. So there is still no mine detecting out there.

What is the mark mines command for? I complained about this when the game first came out. We thought it would be addressed in a future patch but we're at 11! Kind of sucks when youi lose three fire teams and the AAV they were in to one!

I’m working for the USG. They should make an expansion, combat mission - Zimbabwe, but it would be a short game since they are scared to issue weapons to the Army for fear of an uprising! It is a brutal, nasty, unethical, regime that has totally pillaged an entire country and its people. An example of how well things work here is a DSL that I won't pay for because it costs $2000 to install, then is $200 a month and downloads at 5 kb a second on some days. My dial up is a 4 kb a second! The new 50 trillion note is worth about ten cents....today. These guys haven't got a clue but will do anything t stay in power. Welcome to the 21st century!

Rayak47,

The mark mines command was finally implemented in v1.11 !

It works like this, take one scout unit and run it in a straight line. When it blows up you have a pretty good idea there is a mine field there unless you are playing RT where you can't go slow mo and zoom in to the impact.

I'd say in RT, send a second unit to make sure....

... but I guess from the sound of it, you have this method down already.

If that is the case, you have to wait until Normandy or maybe the British Campaign....

I know about guarding without weapons....

One of our missions was to go down to Panama and round up a couple of hundred Cubans that broke out of their camps, put about 100 MPs in the hospital and proceeded to run into the jungle.

A 100 Mps guarding a thousand cubans and the MPs were not allowed to have weapons. Something about the Geneva convention and the like.

Fun mission to ambush people in the jungle and subdue them without using rounds chambered.

The funniest and saddest part was that someone told the Cubans if they reached the Panama Canal and swam to the other side that they were in America. Many died trying, some drowned, other were lost to Sharks and the PNP (Panamanian National Police) were on the other side with rifles with strict orders that no one was to enter Panama City.