Artillery Smoke Barrage?

Hi, new guy here.

First off, I LOVE this game! I just got it a week ago, and hadn't played any Battlefront games before, since I mostly game/paint miniatures. Except for the old John Hiller series, Call of Duty, and (fanatically) IL2 Sturmovik and its many progeny and recent mods for the last 7 years, I don't play many computer games. I was familiar with BF and its CM series, but the early versions just didn't look too good to me, graphically speaking, and like I said, I was very concentrated on IL2. I came across CMSF by accident on the first day of a week off work last Monday (kids are grown and gone and my wife was working) and while I was looking for some images on the Web for painting references for US BDU and a Bradley, lo and behold I came across a Shock Force bit on YouTube. I bought it immediately, and for one glorious week Ive been absorbing SF to my hearts content. AWESOME...ASL on steroids! Congratulations to the BF developers/designers for this effort, it is magnificent.

So anyway, how do I get Arty to throw smoke? I can't seem to find any option to do that when calling in support, nor didn't see anything in the scenario editor for it, although both the manual and some postings here imply that it can be done. Thanks for any help, and I apologize if I looked right at it somewhere but just didn't see it. ( I'm familiar with the pop smoke option, btw.)

Nice to see you like the game - I have to say I agree with you although I am am a bit of a fanboi :D

To call in a smoke screen, you request a fire mission like normal with your artilery and select the area/ linear pattern. After this you get to choose if you want heavy, medium, light or smoke. Enough said!

A smoke screen can be very useful - use it well!

Thanks guys...I've looked at that screen probably a dozen times (I've mostly played scenarios without support) and so like I said, I guess I looked right at it and just didn't see it. Probably because when I did use Arty/Air, it was in desparate situations when all I was concerned with was blasting the bastids!

P.S. I have the Marines module and am anxiously awaiting the British and Normandy mods.

Just so that you don't get your hopes up (but yet raise them at the same time ;)) the Normandy game is a full game, not a module. The downside is that it takes longer to make, so it probably won't be out for a while yet. The upside is that it's got a lot more content in it than modules! :D

Good to see another new face in here! Welcome.