CMSF for only CDN$5

I found a copy of CMSF in a discount store (Giant Tiger) for CDN$5 (US$4) this weekend. I was astounded but I did end up buying it. This is my 3rd copy of CMSF and I keep buying them and passing them on.

In the past I have purchased 4 copies of CMBB and 4 of CMAK and out of the 5 people that I gave these to, 2 people now play CMSF and have purchased the marine module. I should be getting a commission for this.

Is there any rhyme or reason to this?

The game rocks....quite simply put. I wish I had more friends interested in military games as much as me. Most Xbox 360 owners aren't too into micromanaging a military squad in a desert environment. Perhaps one day when they fine tune this bad boy and get some marketing, they might actually be able to sell this game in a large market. Games like COD4 and American Army do very well, so there are people out there. How to get the message to them is the question. Normandy will be the deciding factor. Lets see how it gets reviewed and maybe this engine can pick up speed. Based on CMSF's original reviews, this game isn't going anywhere fast other than where the great community that keeps it going has taken it.

To get XBox owners interested in CMSF you'd need to construct a scenario where you go down a path, something jumps out at you and you shoot it; You continue down the path, something else jumps out at you and you shoot it; etc. etc. ...and monsters to shoot. Monsters would be good too. And zombie hordes with chainsaws.

Why only $5 though. It would seem at that price, it cannot be making anyone any money. Not even the original publishers (or is Paradox a distributor?). For $5 it is the best deal out there and it may lead to people ordering the Marines expansion.

I recently joined a military book club and I will pass this copy of CMSF around and see if anyone is interested in it. My book selection will be "Arabs at War 1948-1991". This is just the type of group that is not necessarily interested in FPS games and may go for a more complex game like CM.