Hubert for your consideration

Hubert it is Nov. 1943 and outside of a scripted small invasion of Hokaido which failed because I know its coming, there is no activity by American ground forces in the islands. In the previous game I was into Aug 1944 and the same thing, I turned off FOW to see what was going on and I counted 25 infantry Corps and Marine units 2 Tank Corp and 6 Hq.s sitting in the US looking pretty, either they were guarding the US against an attack or the AI should be more aggresive with these units and attack the island chains across the Pacific. If these units are guarding the US then okay thats the way the AI plays but I would like to see the AI more aggresive with these units. I play zero balance, would it help if I played giving the computer AI

plus 2 and up their readiness?

Willy

bowen,

That doesn't sound right at all to be honest as the US AI should be doing much more than just sitting there. Can you tell me if you captured Australia or the Hawaiin Islands as that may affect the US AI scripts. Did you make any customizations?

Either way can you send me a turn so I can take a look to see what might be going on?

Thanks!

Hubert

bowen,

That doesn't sound right at all to be honest as the US AI should be doing much more than just sitting there. Can you tell me if you captured Australia or the Hawaiin Islands as that may affect the US AI scripts. Did you make any customizations?

Either way can you send me a turn so I can take a look to see what might be going on?

Thanks!

Hubert

Hi Hubert, I have not taken Hawaii or Australia, but I have defeated China and have not changed any scripts. There are maybe 5 or 6 allied units in the islands but the vast majority are sitting in the USA. How do I send you a picture?

Willy

I took a good look around with FOW off and there are many US troops in Australia, so they are on the move, I just happened to see all those units in the US, I guess I would like to see the AI sail and march them through all the islands ala historical. Sorry to jump the gun on you Hubert.

P.S. how do you send that information you requested? If I had to do it in the future.

Willy

Hi Willy,

If you play the game well into 1945 you should see a lot of Allied AI activity and eventually a push towards the islands of Japan.

If you navigate to your installation directory you should see a folder called 'Save'. In there are the saved game files and even an 'autosave' will do the trick.

If you are on Vista you may have to click a button in the 'My Explorer' window called 'Compatibility Files' which should then show you the various in game folders such as 'Save' etc.

Hubert

bonenw, has a point Hubert as in one of my games against the AI the same thing happenend, but when I tried to take Hawaii out all the sudden the US went crazy, and began sending units everywhere. So you might want to try this bowenw just make sure your ready for the US, because you won't be complaining of minimal activity anymore.