Stranded enemy HQ

I've been playing as Allies vs top level AI.

I have pushed the Japs out of Burma and taken Malaya. There is an enemy HQ stranded in a city on the Malayan peninsula. He has no way to get to a port so he can't leave, OTOH he can refresh to strength 10 every turn and its the rainy season so I can't bomb him and I don't have enough manpower to wipe him out in one turn. Best I've done is knock him down to a 6 only to have him back to a 10 the next turn.

I'm torn on what to do with him.

1) Leave him there since it uses up one of the Jap HQ's that would be much better served in China or elsewhere.

2) Hammer away at him every turn forcing the AI to waste valuable MPP's rebuilding him.

3) Wait till the rain clears and then take him out with aid from my air force.

4) Wait till the Malayan units are rebuilt and use them to deal with him so I don't have to waste valuable, experienced, teched up US troops that are in the area.

What do others think?

Is it better to 'hold him prisoner', beat him up, or take him all the way out?

Use him to train your forces, adding to their experience level.

Interesting.

I'd have no problem doing that against a human since it would be up to them whether they want to keep reinforcing the unit or letting it die.

But against the AI which I'm pretty sure will just keep throwing away MPP's and allowing me to train endlessly, it feels a bit gamey. But from an optimal strategy POV, that's probably the best thing to do.

If it was me I would just disband the HQ. Although since it's the AI your right it will just continuely throw mpps at it until it runs out of mpps. I used this strategy a lot against the allies in DDay. All you had to do was leave an HQ hammer away at, and eventually it would bring there mpps below the ammount to reinforce a corps one point (then I destroyed them). Up to you Lampcord, ( If you want to help the AI out though destroy it immediately).

not sure, but what I am sure about is it would be better to disband a unit in that situation then to just continuely reinforce it, because the unit (HQ) doesn't fight back at ALL in Operation Z. So what would you rather do disband, and get something back for it, or continuely reinforce it with your mpps while your opponent AI or human uses it for target practice? Seems fairly obvious to me, but then again everyone has to make their own choices in the game. I know that sometimes on the internet things can get misintepreted so I just want to say that I'm not trying to be rude or mean in any way by this last post of mine.