Dont know what is was? But it hurt like hell!

I have started working at home lately (as you can probably tell from the number of posts froM me!) and therefore having a bit more lesuire time, thought I would do some modelling. Seeing as I don't like spending money I usually buy figures from ebay which are badly painted, strip them and re-paint. I have been doing this with plastic figures for some time. You bascially use an oven cleaner in a bag with the figs and leave it to strip the paint.

I recently bought some metal figures and tried this, which was partially successful. So I thought I would try putting them in a bag of paint stripper (Nitromors?) and being tight I also put in the plastic bases...first mistake..

After 20 min or so I could see things happening and thoughit time to clean off with water. Putting on my rubber gloves (being aware of saftey) I opened the bag. To my suprise the plastic bases had congelled into one blob, ok not too bad. I picked up a figure and began to wash it under cold water. The second I put it under cold water a reaction took place, a kind of fizz with lots of strong glue smell!! It took the paint off but also I started to realise a pain in my fingers...it had burnt through the gloves! I tried to get them off but they were stuck to my fingers! I was in real pain now. Luckily wifey to tghe rescue and all is ok. DONT MIX HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS

"Burnt by latex! That was one HOT male model!".

"Claw handed man seen playing with toys - is nothing sacred!".

"Rubber, toys, cleaning fluid - you couldn't make it up!"

Sorry fella couldn't resist. Sounds nasty. I've had a plastic burn before and it hurts like hell. Look after them - and hey, with no finger prints maybe it's time to pursue that career in safe cracking you always wanted?