Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Quick battle bug in 1.11 - switching sides on go

Hello all,

I wanted to set up a tiny probing egagement in rough terrain (single player, real time) - U.S. heavy inf. vs. Syrian Special Forces. I select to play as the blue team and can set up my forces (i.e. U.S.). As soon as the coutdown starts after hitting go, the sides immediately switch and I'm suddenly controlling the syrian troops. I set this battle up several times, and it happened every time -- playing under Windows XP.

Hello all,

I wanted to set up a tiny probing egagement in rough terrain (single player, real time) - U.S. heavy inf. vs. Syrian Special Forces. I select to play as the blue team and can set up my forces (i.e. U.S.). As soon as the coutdown starts after hitting go, the sides immediately switch and I'm suddenly controlling the syrian troops. I set this battle up several times, and it happened every time -- playing under Windows XP.

Sounds like the same problem we are having and discussing in this thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=259

Steve and the collective testers are looking into it, if its the same problem we are running into there.

Hope this helps

Chad

Yup, we're still looking into it. Unfortunately, we've not nailed down what's making it happen other than to confirm that it does happen and that it is somehow related to the Marines Module being present. If the Marines Module is disabled (by moving the Marines EXE or renaming it) everything is OK.

The testers should have it narrowed down soon so Charles can fix it.

Steve

Yup, we're still looking into it. Unfortunately, we've not nailed down what's making it happen other than to confirm that it does happen and that it is somehow related to the Marines Module being present. If the Marines Module is disabled (by moving the Marines EXE or renaming it) everything is OK.

The testers should have it narrowed down soon so Charles can fix it.

Steve

Just a heads up Steve, and this is from my post in the other thread, I had the same problem *before* I installed Marines, but only *after* I installed v1.11. So whatever it is, atleast for me, v1.11 caused it becuase I never had the problem before.

As a side note, I have CM:SF installed on my two computers, one at work (dont ask!) and one at home. The one at work is fine and I never have any problems with this.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work!

Chad