Simple questions...

BlAin

I figured that I should ask this because I find this a tad bit annoying.

You know the Stryker M1127 RV [and the M1131 FSV]? Well, I wondered if it was possible to obtain a command, in the Special commands menu, to extend/retract the FS3 apparatus on top of the vehicle? Note: Since the M1131 FSV has the same FS3 that the M1127 has, it should also be able to extend his.

Also, since it happened to me in quite a few occasions, would it be possible to obtain a command, in the Administrative commands menu, to merge infantry teams which suffered heavy casualties in order to have 1 battleworthy team instead of i.e. 2, 3 or 4 teams with fewer than 3 soldiers still fighting?

----------

Also, maybe someone could shed some light about this: How much faster is the Stryker M1131 FSV able to obtain a response from artillery and air support assets compared to other U.S. units on the battlefield?

Adjusting artillery fire? How come it takes almost as much time as cancelling a strike altogether and asking for a new one?

Also, since it happened to me in quite a few occasions, would it be possible to obtain a command, in the Administrative commands menu, to merge infantry teams which suffered heavy casualties in order to have 1 battleworthy team instead of i.e. 2, 3 or 4 teams with fewer than 3 soldiers still fighting?

If they're from the same squad, just leave them in the same action spot for a bit. They'll merge on their own, no command required. However, you can't merge teams from different squads.

I figured that I should ask this because I find this a tad bit annoying.

You know the Stryker M1127 RV [and the M1131 FSV]? Well, I wondered if it was possible to obtain a command, in the Special commands menu, to extend/retract the FS3 apparatus on top of the vehicle? Note: Since the M1131 FSV has the same FS3 that the M1127 has, it should also be able to extend his.

I was under the impression it was treated as extended for LoS purposes, similar to the Bradley and Stryker TOW launchers.

Also, maybe someone could shed some light about this: How much faster is the Stryker M1131 FSV able to obtain a response from artillery and air support assets compared to other U.S. units on the battlefield?

The vehicle itself is usually pretty damned slow. But using the FO/FCT type team inside it shaves a minute off their call for fire, in my experience.

Adjusting artillery fire? How come it takes almost as much time as cancelling a strike altogether and asking for a new one?

No idea.

As I recall the FS3 system can be removed and stowed inside the vehicle using a sort of crane from bars and the vehicle's winch. AFAIK the only reason to stow it is for transportation of the vehicle in/out of theater, not while the vehicle is deployed within a theater. Therefore, it should always be out and exposed from CM's perspective.

Yes, use a qualified spotting unit in a FS3 equipped vehicle for best effect. Recent improvements make this easier and more consistent than it was prior to v1.10.

Artillery strikes should be cancelled much faster than it takes for them to be called in. If that's not the case, then there's something we should look into fixing. However, keep in mind that rounds already headed "down range" can not be cancelled so it could be the delay appears longer than it really is.

Steve

Thanks for the answer Steve, but let me be more precise in how I meant the questions to be understood.

FS3 can be "heightened" or lowered (in my questioned I used extended or retracted) because I saw it live in a campaign mission (with patch 1.04). But what I wanted to know is if we were able to get a Special command to do it "at will". Originally, I did not meant when it is stowed for transportation.

Oh, Steve, what about merging fire teams of different types? ;) A future administrative commands maybe?

Also, another of my questions was about *adjusting* artillery fire (since we have the option to do it [from the spotter]) and not cancelling and ordering a new one altogether (even though it rather takes a long time which means that it seems almost useless in a way).

BlAin - in answer to your question about adjusting arty fire...

I'm no expert but as I understand it making such adjustments in RL is not as easy as the result looks to you onscreen. It's not just twiddling a wheel and a button or two on the guns so the shells fall a little more to the right or whatever. Basically the whole firing pattern has to be recalculated, therefore it takes some time. Also there may be spotting rounds again and such. In short, in RL fire adjustment isn't really much different from cancelling the current mission and starting a fresh one.

Sorry to the experts if this isn't 100% correct, but AFAIK it's not that far off.

Yeah, I figured that much [for both of you above ;)]

Seriously though, I understand what you are saying about recalculation and what not, but since the spotter has the option, should it not be beneficial to the overall requesting team, or if it is not, just remove this option altogether if it is useless. I mean, there out to be some reason it is there for it should make the requesting team save precious minutes off re-ordering a whole new strike.

P.-S.: My 2 other questions (above) still stands... ;)