corps and casualities

Still have not received my game yet [not a complaint] but I continue to learn from the demo. Have always played the Japanese until yesterday, played the allies and noticed a few things that annoyed me. Left FoW off to see how the computer moves and lo and behold I see two units on the mainland of a one army icon called a corp? I don't receive that unit when I am the Japanese, nor can I buy it, and also when I am the Japanese attacking Malaya I lose from 1 to four out of 10 of all forces attacking but the computer never lost any of its assets when attacking, none, nil, anywhere. Why? I attack Malaya on the first turn like the computer does. Not a complaint just want to know WHAT GOES?

Willy

William,

For the two Japanese Corps that the AI receives this has mostly to do with a game engine issue and the design of the main campaign.

As you will notice the Japanese player cannot purchase Corps but the game engine is coded to look for these units as a primary source to fulfill its GARRISON requirements.

One of the tricks I've been using (or sleight of hand) in these latest releases is to give the AI a few free Corps in critical areas of the map to use as GARRISON units thereby freeing up some of the stronger units such as Tanks, Armies etc., to be used on the front lines. The issue really is that sometimes the AI does not do as good a job at freeing up stronger units when they are located in cities etc., as a human player would but if a Corps is available it *knows* to use these units to fulfill city GARRISON positions etc., and then more or less does this for sure.

So long story short if I added in these scripted Corps for the Japanese AI it does a pretty good job of putting them in cities and using its stronger units to move to the front. When I tried it with let's say a free SNLF unit it sometimes replaced the unwanted unit in a city but not everytime... now with Corps it does it much more consistently. Either way this is as you've probably guessed just a simple way of helping the AI out and not really a way to just throw more units at you and call it a better AI etc. If memory serves I have one arrive at Rangoon and one at Canton and I think that is pretty much it.

For the combat losses to be honest I am not sure what that might be since as Blashy mentions these losses can go both ways. Maybe try watching what the AI does on attack and on defence in Malaya and replicating its moves to confirm?