Bug? Cannot attack Japanese Tac Air

I am playing Plan Z as the Allies. I attach my saved game from Fall 1942. I have two examples where Allied carrier units are not permitted to attack Japanese tac air units:

1) British carrier in NE India wishes to air strike Japanese tac air just W of Rangoon, but is not permitted. Weather is clear.

2) US has three carriers around the Marshall Islands, who wish to strike a Japanese tac air unit in the fort hex in the Marshalls, but are not permitted. One carrier is in clear weather, the other two start in rain but can move to a clear hex to strike.

Tried to upload zipped saved game but the zip file limit is 67 KB. Why so low? (zipped saved game is 680 KB)

Hubert - I emailed you the zipped file.

Thanks.

Hi Doug,

All these carriers have a strike range of 4 so in the first example, the Carrier is out of range at 5 tiles and would need to move at least 1 tile closer to successfully attack the Japanese tac air just west of Rangoon.

For the second example I suspect this is the same issue as each carrier begins well out of range of the fort hex in the Marshalls.

Not sure about the file size limit as I received the file... did it not upload the first time around?

Hubert

Thanks, Hubert.

I now realize that the green target cursor is for movement and the red one is for combat. That's what I get for playing this excellent, addictive game so late!

I attempted to attach a file to my original post but I got an error message, so I emailed it successfully to you.