This is off topic

but I can't find a better place to post these questions.

The narrow front page and forum works like crap. Very choppy scrolling. So when I come to the forum I change it to wide screen. First, why does BFC leave a system that works like crap and has to be changed to work ok? And second, how can I fix it so it's a sticky to be wide every time I come back?

but I can't find a better place to post these questions.

The narrow front page and forum works like crap. Very choppy scrolling. So when I come to the forum I change it to wide screen. First, why does BFC leave a system that works like crap and has to be changed to work ok? And second, how can I fix it so it's a sticky to be wide every time I come back?

How well it works depends on what browser you're using. Firefox (and probably other Mozilla based browsers) seems to have more problems with this then any of the other browsers it was tested on. That's why we include the link for "full screen view" at the bottom of that page. As suggested, simply bookmark that (put it into your favorites, Firefox makes this really easy) and you don't have to funnel through the main page.