Problem w/Saturnin's models

_UXcva

Hello,

I had a mysterious problem develop when I applied Saturnin's PzIII models (four of them) to the existing stock images. This applies only to his PzIII models, the MarderII looks alright. In all cases the culprit seems to be the .bmp that shows the side profile of the AFV as can be seen in the pic:

PzIIIpink.jpg

To verify this I returned just the original side profile image to one of the tanks and the pink problem went away. I have successfully replaced numerous images/.bmps so far without a problem but this one baffles me.

I am using CMBB v1.02 now but the problem exists in v1.01 as well. I've tried reinstalling the orginals then applying his images but the problem still exists. I have tried to contact the author about this, but he hasn't responded yet. Using a Mac G4/GeForce3/9.2.2

They are very beautiful looking mods, but the pinkness prob. is quite distressing. Perhaps I have an errant or mis-numbered file somewhere in the BMP folder that causes this(?) Can anyone help on this one?

UX

[ March 15, 2007, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: _UXcva ]

If you have a paint program with a "color replacer" tool, you can fix this problem with a few double-clicks.It is due to the fact that Saturnin is using in his mods the pink R:255 G:7 B:255 which in a PC works fine and looks transparent in game, while in a mac

(which from what i've read somewhere in the forum is more sensitive in the pink color

ranges in game) doesn't work correctly.

The default pink color for transparency in CMBB is R:255 G:0 B:255.If you replace all the pink areas with this color ,the problem will be solved.

Hope this helps