Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

D\L demo

Am I the only goose having trouble d\l this demo? I have tried to dl this file several times, cuts out around the 60 meg mark. I have tried to use DAP, but I get the message file cannot be accelerated. Tried all servers, might just give it a miss.

It may just be a traffic issue. I had no problem with downloading the demo, and subsequently the full version. I do have a problem with the elicense, but that is not germaine to your issue. I would try again from the server closest to your locale.

Based upon the demo, I would not give it a miss if I were you. I have been a wargamer for many, many years and this game reminds me of the glorious SSI game "Pacific War". It does not have the look, but it sure has the feel.

Once I get my licensing issue resolved, I am sure that this game will suck up far too much of my time, but having a social life is over-rated anyway, right ?

Goodwood, have you tried some of the other download links? There are now several available on this page and one of them should definitely work for you:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=220&Itemid=335

Hubert

P.S. I can at least confirm that the Atomic Gamer link with the USA Mirror #1 worked on my end as I just tested it right now.