Early Intel - how does it work?

I need a bit of help here chaps. I have been working on scenario where the Blue Force has 100% Intel on the Red positions at start up but when I fire up the mission, I get no intel at all. As usual, all the settings, FBE, EBE, wind etc as well as this setting were all picked before I started buying forces for either side.

It's a Red v Red mission so I tried tweaking it so that it was the Red Force that has the intel, then fired it up from both sides and still got nothing.

Then, after checking the settings Mark Ezra used in 'Blues for Allah', and found that they were identical, I thought, perhaps it's because I'm playing Blue as Syria. So I took out the Blue Syrian forces and stuck in some Marines, fired it up and... still no intel. BTW, it does work when I fire up 'Blues for Allah' so it does work on my computer.

I'm stumped. I have absolutely no idea how to get this to work.:confused:

It works for me. When early intel is "blue intel" and intel strength "full intel", the blue side sees the initial enemy positions. Note that if the settings are "neither" and "full intel" or "blue intel" and "no intel", then in both cases there will be no intel (and in any case the red player won't have intel).

Unconventionals are supposed to blend with civilians, which seems to mean in effect that uncon units have a lower chance of being detected even when there is full intel, when civilian density is high.

Well, I tried giving intel to red force and "full intel", but when the game started the reds couldn't spot even one single blue unit. Does red force need some special equipment before this intel setting gives results? It would be nice to get official info on this red intel case. The manual doesn't say very much.

Well, I tried giving intel to red force and "full intel", but when the game started the reds couldn't spot even one single blue unit. Does red force need some special equipment before this intel setting gives results? It would be nice to get official info on this red intel case. The manual doesn't say very much.

Early intel gives you "?" at or near the enemy positions. The AI will not fire at "?" only fully detected and identified units. That's my conclusion.