Visiblity from inside of tanks- any MOD available?

Hi,

I think everyone agrees that tanks are too aware of what is going around them in CMBB. In reality, regular infantry would be able to hide everywhere in brush terrain, cemetery, light woods, scattered trees and also in hay and remain undetected from at least 20m and wait unnoticed by a buttoned tank at least. I discovered that foxholes are useless for ambush against armour and get targeted by tanks from a long distance, even when tanks attack without any infantry support before they come closer within grenade range. Infantry HQ with advantage "?" helps but I think it is not enough, as any platoon should be invicible while taking cover or hidden until armour unit ride close enough. IMO tanks in the game should be able to detect unmounted 'taking cover', 'hidden' or 'sneaking' enemy only after they get hit. So I cannot agree this is a ballanced game.Thats why I am looking for some fix:)

lucznik7,

Welcome aboard! There have been discussions on this issue, but the only thing you can do in game terms is to keep tanks buttoned, distracted (shooting the TC works great) and men in cover, in command, preferably by an HQ with a good Stealth modifier. Smoke helps, too! Learn to use terrain effectively. Do not, for example, place fighting positions on the edge of woods, but farther back in. By doing so, you can reduce foxhole exposure figures from 44% in the open to as little as 11% in woods. See JasonC's post (# 10) here for more info on terrain effects.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=41829&highlight=terrain+effects

Condensed version

http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?esid=afb7aff424d7a233f0962da1476e0f49〈=3&refcode=0&location=boardshownode&boardid=273

Much to learn here, especially the Cover item on page 5. Have left out the .com to avoid Moon problems. Link as shown doesn't work.

http://www.gamesquad. /forums/forumdisplay.php?f=285&order=desc

Regards,

John Kettler

CMBB also does not have an order that allows tanks to spray likely infantry hiding places with MG fire - can we fix that also?

BtW you are very definite in your views on how close infantry can be to tanks and undetected - do you have a source for your view? I am not saying it is wrong simply that what applied in 1940 is different to 1945 is different to now.

I can attest to killing 4 Churchills inside a minute with one shrek in a game against a human so it is obviously not impossible to play the game even currently. But that was CMAK.