What's your in Little Black Book of Strategy?

Hey, I'm kind of a beginner - I've never finished a full game. I just want to know if there are any tips or strategies people like to use?

I usually play as the Axis on the European maps. I like to rush my tanks behind the front line of enemy troops and assult from behind - surrounding the enemy units and cutting off supply. I then bombard rear area troops, with my air units and forward elements, to weaken them and cause for reinforcement. I then squeeze each pocket down until the units inside are destroyed.

I took it straight out of the book, but was so excited when I saw that it could be used in this game.

The problem I find with it is that it requires a lot of units and usually ties down large battle formations for a variable amount of time. I get stalled and end up creating dangerous salients that are easily cut off.

Combined arms is the best way, air attacks, infantry attacks, and tanks racing through the enemy lines like you're saying.

But tanks should only really go charging through enemy lines if you have overwhelming strength and others are acting in support. Otherwise you can easily end up in "A Bridge Too Far" type situation.

Thats a very compex question.Alot depends on what your overall strategy is.It also may depend on where you put all your tech.It also depends on what the enemy is doing,especially if its H.v.H.and how the game is going overall.

Yes against a good human player sending your tanks unsupported off into the wild blue yonder is just asking to get them all wiped out.

Imho its alot more fun H.v.H.then against the A.I.but if your quite new your doing the right thing by learning how to play against the A.I.Its still the best A.I. ive ever played against.

The AI is fun if you do the following.

A) Use the hardest settings.

B) Click on F3 which enables "debuganimation" which makes the AI turn go faster.

C) Do NOT watch the AI's turn, do something else. It adds difficulty.

D) Do NOT watch the report at the end of the AI turn, it also adds challenge.

E) Do not invest in Tech, do with what you have now and recover all current investments that you start with at the beginning of the game.

F) Do not invest in diplomacy no matter what the AI is doing in diplomacy.

G) As USA do not send convoy to UK (or USSR if UK is taken). As UK do not send convoy to USSR.

If you are playing Allies, be passive until 1944. Meaning do not do anything with UK and USA except defend wherever you are attacked. For USSR you can do whatever you want but if you do all of the above you will simply be in a defend and hold position.

If you are playing Axis go for the massive expansion, meaning your goal is world domination by trying to conquer all minors.

Simple things to do that adds spice vs. the AI. :)