QBs: Is there still a problem with enemy AI that does not maneuver?

Bahger

In a QB ME last night I wondered why I could move on the village two thirds of the way down the map when the Red opposition should have got there long before me. I was eventually disappointed to find that the entire enemy force was still massed in what looked like its starting positions and could not therefore put up any kind of a fight. In fact, they tried to evade fire from me but I'm not sure if there was any incoming at all.

I recall there was a problem with enemy AI in QBs failing to maneuver. Can anyone comment, please? I'm enjoying v1.10 but this battle was a most unwelcome waste of time.

Hmm. So if I get that map again, is it safe to assume that the AI is brain-dead? Maybe not, because there must be different tactics for different enemy units. I'm going ti try it again against a Republican Guard formation. Hopefully they will put up more of a fight. This is aggravating; I can't be the only CMSF player who does mainly QBs.

The AI only does what it's scripted to do - it won't maneuver for an attack on its own (even if "all" it has to do is move into the town. AI is hard). You can look at the QB map in the editor, it may be an older one that just hasn't had a plan implemented again. Put in your own, and voila!

I am currently reviewing QB Maps

Hey Mark, I was really hoping that you'd respond to this. In the original release I binned all the stock QB maps and replaced them with yours, it was the only thing that kept me interested in the game. Hopefully you'll be able to root out remaining probems with QBs. FYI, the map in which I found the Red AI not to be maneuvering was Village, medium size battle (i.e. Company-scale) mixed Blue force of M1A1s and Bradleys vs Syrian medium armor (BMPs, etc), a Meeting Engagement. It's a good map to play as Blue because the greater proximity of the village to the Red forces' start point gives them a territorial advantage...with a good enough AI plan.

Thanks again for responding and please let us know the results of your investigation.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...I appreciate it considering I just found a map I MADE with no AI for either side!!!!...Looks like somehow I put an unfinished map in V1.10. My embarrassed apologies to the community.

Re: provided updates to my progress: I prefer to be non-specific until after the 1.11 patch release. It's an NDA thing.