New Scenario: Siege of Latakia

cabal23

New scenario posted at Cmmods. A Marine Expeditionary Unit goes head to head with Syrian Mechanized Airborne, while they try and secure a corridor into the port city of Latakia. Hopefully this will part of a series I am doing based on the capture of the port city of Latakia. We have been having a lot of fun with this map for PBEM games. Be sure and rate it or stop by here and gibe me your thoughts. I would greatly appreciate it.

Yep, the first time I played through this I too had the same issues. I had all my engineers line up side by side and I blew half the wall open. Vehicles would not enter the compound. So the only work around now is to really use you soldiers to clear the compound entrance, then bring in the vehicles via the road. There really isn't a big need for the vehicles right away, as most of the fighting is building to building in that compound. Thanks for your thoughts on the scenario.

Played it to a Total US victory (surrender with 20 minutes left).

Had fun doing so, although I do not think that the Syrians have a lot of chance as soon as the Abrams enter the battlefield (I did not loose any of them). Also, the enemy AFVs did not have any noticable impact (the Javelins did have an impact on them, though).

As for vehicle pathfinding; I did not see any issues (playing 1.11 beta, though) whereever I was watching. However, there were some inexplicable AAV deaths, with them being in positions they were not ordered to. Perhaps this was the result of some unobserved bad pathfinding.

Best regards,

Thomm

The funny thing about this scenario Thomm is that the Abrams and the the AFV's are on a +5 time counter each so either the Abrams or the AFV's could come in first. You can tear up the the AAV's pretty quickly if those AFV's come in first. Perhaps I will tweak the A.I. a bit on the AFV's. Do you think I should add a tank or two to make things feel a bit more challenging?