The ? enemy symbols

I think CMx1 had an alt-key combination specifically for removing these sorts of informational icons.

Are you sure? I think you may have those rose tinted glasses on a bit tight. CMx1 had an option to remove all - or almost all? - info icons, but you couldn't do it selectively. CMx2 has basically the same functionality (i.e., Alt-I).

Are you sure? I think you may have those rose tinted glasses on a bit tight. CMx1 had an option to remove all - or almost all? - info icons, but you couldn't do it selectively. CMx2 has basically the same functionality (i.e., Alt-I).

I just checked the CM:AK manual and you may well be right. The Shift-Q option acts as a toggle for "all play aid graphics". I maintain my point, however, that the option to remove all of them is preferable to not being able to remove some.