Patch and Internet play

Bahger

Hey gents, it's been a long time since rock and roll but I'm contemplating giving CMSF another go after installing the latest patch. I put it aside after a series of attempts at Internet play failed through glitches (disappearing armor, especially) and I would be very grateful if someone could let me know if the game has improved in this respect, i.e. if Internet games (not PBEMs, although I might try them, too) are playable, reliable and rewarding. Many thanks in anticipation.

Bahger, I was having alot of the same problems at 1.08, then battlefield dropped this gem of a module/patch(1.10) and the vast majority of those issues magically disappeared. Now the game is much more stable and I have had many good matches playing TCP/IP against my brother(he doesn't use anything but the marines, good thing too cause i'd probably hand him his backside).

I have 1Mbit DSL but my opponet must had a faster one, I didnt ask him. We played 3-4 battles with him as a host and all went smoothly. A couple of pauses in the beggining and after that all was well. The guest has a slight delay in ordering as I said. It was amazing to see large tank battles with all guns blazing and no lag.

When I tried hosting another opponent, he complained about big delays though, over 5 secs.

I supsect it matters if the host has the best connection.

No CTDs during play. Only once after the AAR screen.

I've noticed some strange happenings though. I had a rifle squad that lost all of its AKs with no apparent reason. The weapon icons disappeared along with the 3d graphics. I couldnt issue a firing order ether. Happened more than once and with some tank crews too. Strange.