Advice on new system please

CG, it was tech support. They asked me to disconnect the fan and restart to verify that the noise was from the fan, which it was. Then the support guy gave me the information I already gave you. He did not try to deny there was a problem. He was very helpful.

Do you know how to get the upgrade to Windows ME? I can't find the free upgrade coupon in the box or on the system.

------------------

Ow, my leg!

Ryan,

Inside the little dell box (the one with all the manuals and cd's in it and velcro tab) is a small piece of yellow paper, which is the upgrade coupon. I still haven't decided if I want to do that yet, as knowing Microsoft, there will be many bugs in the first release. I'm going to call tech support tonite, and get my name on that list.

------------------

CrapGame

• 3 weeks later...

The basic system sounds good, I've been running the GeForce w/32meg and it runs CM just fine and it saves you some money now. I've have the v.card for 3 weeks and so far no complaints at all. I only have a P3 600 with a CDRom Writer and DVD rom x4 w/128 megs of ram. This system is about 14 months old and it has not failed me yet for any game I've wanted to play. Get the DVD if you want to watch movies and if you don't it can wait a while if your handy at putting these things in by yourself. The ram can wait, but you gamble with the price of ram all the time when will it go up and when will it go down. Have fun with CM and don't forget you can always upgrade.